In the InfoSec field, the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is the top certification for management-level IS professionals. The Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), awarded by ISACA, is a business-oriented certification that concentrates on foremost information risk management within an enterprise-level organization. Its subject domains are aimed at leadership/advanced-career professionals charged with designing, implementing, and assessing an organization’s information security program.
CISM Certification Exam Details
The CISM certification exam includes four key subject domains associated with security management:
Domain 1: Information Security Governance
Domain 2: Information Risk Management
Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
The CISM certification is the best certification for the management side of information security and is ideal for InfoSec practitioners pursuing managerial/leadership positions. Standard job profiles associated with CISM include:
- Information Security Manager
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Program Manager
- Network Architect
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Why Obtain CISM Certification?
- The CISM certification is designed for professionals working in consulting, managerial, or associated IT operations or compliance roles. Several Certified Information Security Manager Professionals today are functioning in the capacities of IT Directors, Audit Directors, CIOs, CISOs, CFOs, and other leadership roles, presenting a good requirement as well as the career growth potential of the certification.
- CISM confirms your verified experience in helping enterprises direct a complex and developing regulatory landscape, leverage standards, and expertise, and decrease the complication and time required to manage vulnerabilities, assess security and ensure compliance.
- CISM confirms your proven experience in promoting enterprises to operate a complex and evolving regulatory landscape, leverage standards and expertise, and reduce the complexity and time necessary to manage vulnerabilities, measure security and ensure compliance.
- When you perform an audit as a Certified Information Security Manager, you will have increased confidence that academic degrees only cannot fetch. Your certification will also give you an advantage when discussing salary or a consultation charge.
Tips for CISM Exam Preparation
1. Develop a Study Plan And Stick to It
You need to schedule your preparation accurately to prepare for the CISM exam. For Certified Information Security Manager exam preparation, you need to devote at least four to five months. So, you can plan the complete coursework according to this time period and accomplish your preparation according to your everyday routine.
2. Become Familiar with CISM Exam Domains
The complete details of CISM exam domains are available on the official webpage. It comprises complete information of all the study resources and domains you have to study for this ISACA exam. Having explicit content online can help you focus on essential topics and skip other study resources that many study guides and reference books include.
3. Enroll in a Training Course
ISACA Certified Information Security Manager exam training course plays an important role in helping you acquire a solid grasp of the exam domains. Though, you need to give your complete attention and concentrate while you attend a training course.
4. Read CISM Study Guide
The CISM study guides are another beneficial resource that exam applicants can benefit from. These study guides play a vital role in filling knowledge gaps left in your mind.
It is not always possible to pay complete attention to the lectures taught in the class. Several people miss out on essential points during lectures due to the lack of awareness. Furthermore, these study guides comprise additional information that extends the foundational concepts in detail.
5. Use CISM Practice Test
Taking up CISM Practice tests is the best way to evaluate the depth of knowledge and command you have over a specific topic. Remembering exam concepts is not sufficient.
There are many practice tests available on the internet for testing your knowledge before the actual CISM exam. Although Edusum.com offers the best practice questions for CISM exam preparation, you should consider testing your knowledge.
6. Join Online Forums Relevant to CISM Certification
These forums are comprised of experienced individuals, aspiring applicants, and high-level professionals who are there to guide. Participating in an online platform will help applicants a lot, as he/they will get an overview of what are the modern trends in the industry and what the requirements of the field are.
In conclusion, preparing to pass the this ISACA exam can be challenging, but it does not have to be. Study smart and good luck! Follow the above tips, and you will reduce anxiety and exam day stress.