Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is a certification exam from Red Hat Company. It provides an open-source operating system and software to the enterprise community and provides support, training, and consulting services.
RHCSA exam is the certification gained from Red Hat after passing the exam EX200. RHCSA exam is an upgrade to the RHCT (Red Hat Certified Technician) exam, and this upgrade is required as the Red Hat Enterprise Linux was updated. The main difference between RHCT and RHCSA is that the RHCT exam is based on RHEL 5, whereas RHCSA certification is based on RHEL 6 and 7; the courseware of these two certifications are also varied to a certain level.
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators are trying validation of their skills.
- Students who have visited Red Hat System Administration I and II are on the path to earning RHCSA certification.
- They have experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate.
- IT professionals who are on the path to becoming RHCE certification.
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or about to become noncurrent wants to recertify as an RHCE.
The performance-based RHCSA (EX200) exam tests your experience and skill in many system administration commons across a broad type of environments and deployment scenarios. It would be best to be an RHCSA to make a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification. The skills questioned in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat products. An RHCSA certification is obtained when an IT professional describes the core system-administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
RHCSA Certification Overview
When it comes to managing computer systems, whether in an office environment, on-campus, or in an enterprise data center, there is a long list of tools and technologies System Administrators require to master. Many certifications can aid validate information and skills in those areas.
In addition to server and client configuration and support, several system administrators must get way controls, network services, and application resource requirements. They often find themselves working with directory and name services and network addressing, database services, web and desktop applications, email, and more.
This is the first level of certification from Red Hat in the Linux platform. This program will encourage participants to earn the Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification. The RHCSA certification program will give the ability to search the Linux environment like an experienced Linux administrator. The Red Hat RHCSA exam is a little challenging, tricky, and practical Oriented. This practical-based certification examination is conducted by Red Hat Certified Instructors (RHCI) across the globe.
The RHCSA certification helps to understand the working principles and architecture in the Linux environment. The course comprises graphical interface management and the command-line utilities, which allow the participants to learn the basic structure of the working system. This is the base class for anybody who is looking for a good presentation in Linux administration.
The RHCSA certification covers installation, maintenance, administering the users, and the Logical Volume Manager (LVM), which is crucial while working with the file systems and the partition metadata. Linux is the essential security feature enabled in Linux architecture, and our training briefly explains this feature during the training period. Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators are seeking validation of their skills.
Is RHCSA Easy?
RHCSA exam is not a tricky bit trickier. The exam is graded via an automated script that checks for specific things. For example, if you were given a question regarding cron jobs for users. You can either put it in the master crontab or in that specific user’s crontab.
Recommended Red Hat RHCSA Study Resources
You can get lots of material available over the internet and in the market for the RHCE exam preparation. Here are a few suggested resources that can assist you in qualifying for the exam.
- Go through Red Hat RHCSA certificate guide. It has a well-organized chapter covering all the features of the exam. It consists of a lot of material in various illustrations for practical exams, interactive and lab exercises. There are quizzes for each part that makes you competent in understanding your information on that particular topic. Puzzles and videos are there to aid you in all possible ways.
- Many online training providers give video courses for the RHCSA exam. The system consists of videos covering every perspective of the exam. Besides that, there are videos on solved and unsolved tasks to get command over all significant problem areas.
- The Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam preparation video workshop is a good resource for learning RHCSA exam traps, challenges, and pitfalls. It also gives a live practice exam that helps identify your skills and figure out your weak areas.
- Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not support any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading essential to deepen your knowledge.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification can look good on a first resume; there are additional perks for the person who’s looking to change jobs or attract clients. Earning the accreditation allows a professional to use the logo on business cards.