The Certified Authorization Professional, CAP is an information security practitioner who masters system security commensurate with an organization’s task and risk tolerance while satisfying legal and regulatory requirements. CAP certification demonstrates an individual’s skill, knowledge, and experience needed to employ various frameworks to handle risk and authorize and manage information systems.
CAP certification is important for professionals referring to system security posture, risk assessments, and authorization of information systems within the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). This incorporates:
- Senior system managers
- Information system security officers
- Security consultants
- System administrators
- IT and information security professionals who utilize the RMF
- Anyone looking to understand more about the NIST-based information systems security authorization process
- Security Auditors/Assessors
ISC2 CAP Certification Exam Details:
- The CAP exam comprises 125 multiple-choice questions.
- The passing score is 700 out of 1000 points.
- You have 3 hours to finish the exam.
ISC2 CAP Certification Exam Objectives:
- Continuous Monitoring (16%)
- Scope of the Information System (11%)
- Authorization/Approval of Information System (10%)
- Information Security Risk Management Program (16%)
- Implementation of Security and Privacy Controls (16%)
- Assessment/Audit of Security and Privacy Controls (16%)
- Selection and Approval of Security and Privacy Controls (15%)
(ISC)² CAP training helps applicants competently prove technical knowledge, skills, and capabilities to competently enforce the Risk Management Framework against internationally accepted standards.
Reasons to Obtain ISC2 CAP Certification
- Globally Recognized: CAP is often acknowledged by HR departments, organizations, and hiring managers.
- It stamps your inclination to Cybersecurity.
- Greater Job Opportunities: It provides people with an advantage in amazing job opportunities in Cybersecurity.
- Higher Salary: Professionals with CAP certification normally make more than non-certified peers.
- Satisfies DoD requirements: Satisfies DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
- Confirms Knowledge and Skills: As you prepare for the CAP certification exam, you will perceive cybersecurity concepts that will prepare you for career development.
How to Get Ready to Ace CAP Certification Exam?
Before determining when to take the CAP certification exam, take into account your present level of preparedness and work experience. Go through the CAP certification exam syllabus and know your familiarity with exam concepts. You need to be a master in each topic, and being an expert in just a couple of topics won’t be helpful.
2. Make a Realistic Study Schedule
How much time will you require to thoroughly prepare for the Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification exam? How much time can you dedicate to preparation on a daily basis? Bear in mind all of these questions and give at least three to four months to exam preparation.
3. Identify Your Learning Style
Note which learning styles have been best for you in the past. Take these as a reference when buying study resources for CAP exam preparations. Are there some methods you have never applied? Now’s the time to try them out—successful exam-takers report using several methods. Along with assessing your learning style, you should take up a training course.
4. Participate in an Online Community
One of the most famous prep resources is online forums where exam takers discuss the exam and other corresponding aspects. It is also an excellent place to get an insight into this ISC2 certification exam. People in such communities their experiences discuss questions, blogs, and advice on what you require. Such content can be beneficial throughout CAP certification exam preparation.
5. YouTube Videos
If you like watching videos, then YouTube is your best friend. These video lectures cover different training requirements to ensure applicants are better equipped to face the exam. So, you can begin your preparation journey by watching appropriate content and preparing adequately for the exam!
6. Take CAP Practice Exam
Start taking CAP practice exams once you have finished learning all the exam topics. They will help you know if you are prepared or lacking. They will prove to you how you’re doing in each CAP syllabus topic. Adapt your study schedule to your CAP practice exam scores. If you give a CAP practice exam but don’t have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus topics, make sure you understand completely.
7. Take Rest
Get enough rest the night before the exam day. Have a healthy breakfast on exam day.
Once you have decided to achieve the CAP certification, make sure that you enhance your chances of success by preparing properly.
All the Best!!