Passing the Microsoft AZ-104 exam and earning Microsoft Certified – Azure Administrator Associate certification is one of the best steps you can take for your career. The Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification remains among the most universally recognized certifications Microsoft offers to individuals.
AZ-104 Exam Overview:
The AZ-104 certification exam is available in many languages, including English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. This Microsoft exam comprises 40-60 questions that need to be completed in 120 minutes. To pass the exam, you need to score 700 points or more out of 1000.
Domains Included in Microsoft AZ-104 Certification Exam:
As you prepare to become a Microsoft Azure Administrator, you will come across several topics and concepts relating to your role daily. These can be covered under specific domains that carry different weightage in the AZ-104 exam.
- Manage Azure identities and governance (15-20%)
- Implement and manage storage (15-20%)
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources (20-25%)
- Configure and manage virtual networking (25-30%)
- Monitor and back up Azure resources (10-15%)
Many IT professional roles can avail from the AZ-104 certification. The ones that can benefit the most are:
- Azure administrators who are trying to brush up on their skills
- Network administrators
- System administrators
- Cloud architects
- Security engineers
- Database administrators
- IT professionals who desire to understand the role of Azure administrator
Skills Needed for Microsoft AZ-104 Exam
This exam has set the bar in comprehending the Azure environment. You must make an effort to carry out the tasks associate-level certified professionals must do. There must be proficiency in carrying out and managing storage. Similarly, you should have an assured authority in configuring and managing virtual networking, along with Azure identities and governance.
Alongside these, you have to be an expert in monitoring and to back up Azure resources and deploy and supervise Azure compute resources. As a whole, you need to be fluent in the intricacies of dealing with an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment.
How to Prepare for AZ-104 Exam?
- Microsoft provides guides and training courses to polish your Azure knowledge.
- You can also explore Microsoft learn for more in-depth learning.
- There are instructor-led training courses available online to get a complete understanding of the AZ-104 syllabus topics.
- For this Microsoft exam, you need to have hands-on experience. Practicing with Azure and exploring all the domains is vital.
- Familiarity with the AZ-104 exam structure and kinds of questions asked will be beneficial in the exam
- Joining an online community will be very helpful.
- Performing the AZ-104 practice test is a must. Mimic the exam environment and notice how you manage in the actual exam.
Is the Microsoft AZ-104 Exam Worth the Time and Effort?
For junior IT professionals who wish to obtain a certification that provides them a deep foundation in fundamental administration skills, the AZ-104 exam is worth the time, energy, and money spent on it. Organizations and managers with teams of administrators value the confidence that comes with hiring someone who has passed the Microsoft Azure Administrator exam.
Not only that, preparing for and passing the AZ-104 can lead to work in many other IT fields. From more developed network administration to virtualization engineers, you might get a preference for various topics from the work you put into achieving the AZ-104.
The AZ-104 exam is mainly a map of all the expertise and skills you will require to begin your career on the right path for a novice administrator. Especially if you haven’t even started your career yet – maybe you’re still in school, or you’re considering working in the IT field– you should directly turn the AZ-104 exam in the must-have list before applying for an Azure-related job.
The AZ-104 won’t be helpful in every single administration job an organization that doesn’t utilize Azure won’t be keen to employ an Azure Administrator. But suppose you don’t want to spend the time and energy into obtaining a CompTIA A+ certification and would instead spend a few months certifying on one piece of tech. In that case, the AZ-104 emphasizes the basic skills you should learn to get started.
If you’ve been working in an administrative capacity for many years but you’re worried you’re not going anywhere, certifications are an authentic way to promote your career. Passing the Microsoft Azure Administrator AZ-104 will demonstrate to your manager and organization that Microsoft certifies your skills. Earning a Microsoft certification can also deliver a backstop for your career. After achieving the Microsoft Azure Administrator AZ-104, you can apply for more high-level and technical positions.
All the Best!!